Hypnobirthing Course Information
KG Hypnobirthing is a complete in-depth antenatal training programme designed to release fear and build confidence during birth. Hypnobirthing enables a woman to work with her body which is naturally designed to give birth. The Katharine Graves Hypnobirthing technique is accredited by the Royal College of Midwives and is the training of choice for UK midwives and hospitals. This method has been adapted over the last 10 years for mums in the UK to provide a more flexible approach which can easily be adapted to the individual/couple.
The course will show you:
This course will teach you the power of your mind and how your thoughts affect your body during pregnancy and labour. You will be taught positive calming techniques for the different stages of labour. In the course, we will teach you:
- Deep relaxations
- Breathing exercises
- Very effective work to release fear and build confidence
- Comforting massage
- How the Father can be your powerful protector and support
- How your body is designed to give birth with efficiency and comfort
- Understanding how the mind and body work together
- Works with your mind in a positive way to release away any misconceptions you may have about your birth
- Knowledge and information about pregnancy and birth that you are unlikely to be told anywhere else
- Procedures that are routine in hospital and your alternatives so you and your partner can make informed decisions with confidence
- A simple practice regime to support you at home.
Does a birthing partner need to come to hypnobirthing too?
A birthing partner will learn about their important role during the birth and how they can support you. A hypnobirthing partner is knowledgeable and able to support you through the birth. He/She is a huge asset in the birthing room, and many mothers say, ‘I couldn’t have done it without them.’
What is included in the course?
Every couple will receive the following to support them on their birthing journey:
- 1 x ‘Colour and Calmness’ Katharine Graves Hypnobirthing CD
- 1 x ‘The Hypnobirthing Book’ by Katharine Graves
Light refreshments will also be provided.
Please note: The course fee will be repaid promptly and in full if your baby arrives before the course or in the event of the course being cancelled. These are the only circumstances under which a refund will be made.
Resources full of information and advice: